Monday, April 22, 2013

Iron Man 3 4D Screenings In Japan


The title says it all, Iron Man 3 will be tacking advantage of 4D technology in Japanese Theaters. This isn't your classic scratch-and-sniff card from that one Spy Kids movie, this is the real deal. This 4D technology includes tilting seats, strobe lights, bubbles, wind machines, fog and of course odors. The first thing I thought when reading this was bubbles? how many movies have scenes worthy of bubbles? I guess the underwater scene will be that much more bad-ass when bubbles come spitting out of your seat. If when little kids shot it in my face didn't annoy me enough they are attempting to add it into my movie seats? Also what odors could they possibly use to enhance my movie going experience? Let me list a few odors id be interested in.

1. Pepper Potts - she is a classy chick I am sure she wears good smelling perfume.

2. Inside the Iron Man suit - There is no possibly way that doesn't smell awful. I bet its so pungent that as a guy I would be tempted to smell, and then smell again for good measures.

3.  Ben Kingsley - Old man smell, though not good it would definitely add to his appearance on screen. It would be hard to forget and would be a great way to tease him approaching out of nowhere. Image this.
Your friend: Dude what is that smell? did you fart?
Yourself: Dude.... here comes Ben Kingsley. gross.

4. Tony Starks cologne - that sleazy cologne smell would only make you want to hate Tony even more. Unfortunately its impossible to hate someone so charismatic.

5. Whoever dies - nothing would turn my stomach more than a rancid dead body smell during a tragic death scene. It will make me remember that scene vividly from the moment its shown till the epic sprint to the bathroom.

If you think this new age technology is coming cheap you are mistaken, it will cost an extra $10 to $13 dollars more per ticket. Japanese audiences will be paying a whopping $25.50 per ticket to get blinded by strobe lights, have wind shot in their face and yes smell some odd odors. With D-box recently immerging in the United States we can only wonder when 4D technology will emerge.


What do you guys think, is this something you would be interested in? What smells would you like to see in a movie? Let us know In the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment