Thursday, April 18, 2013

Justice League Casting Call: Who We Want To See!


Last year alone two comic book films broke the 1 billion dollar gross mark, that being The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers. The latter of the two breaking the prestigious two billion dollar mark. Which can only mean the Genre that has continued to gain weight over the years is only beginning. This year Man of Steel will hopefully kick off a DC cinematic universe, with the ultimate goal of having a Justice League Film released in the near future. What better thing for us to do than give our dream casting for the main 5 Justice League members. Here we go! (Black text is Trey, Blue text is Suzanne)

Superman


Henry Cavill

If Man of Steel is as successful as Warner Brothers is expected it to be then Henry Cavill will be Superman. There is no doubt in my mind that is why I have no reason to choose otherwise. My girlfriend will be choosing another man because she like many others know nothing about Cavill and how he will perform. We are holding on until June before making any certainties about the role of Superman. The trailer itself seems to prove that Cavill is up to the challenge and will do Superman justice.

Tom Welling

I have personally always been a huge fan of the TV show Smallville, which stars Tom Welling as a young Clark Kent. I think if, god forbbid, Henry Cavill did a horrible job that Welling would be a fantastic choice. He is good in every episode of Smallville and I think he would do great on the big screen as well. I know he isn't the first choice but I think he would be up for the challenge.

Batman

Karl Urban

I had another choice in mind but someone jumped the gun, I feel the person my girlfriend chose is the correct choice. He is bulky, strong and has immense acting talent. Yes, that is a bit of foreshadowing if you guess it you won't win a prize. That being said a second choice can never be bad, and what better second choice than Karl Urban. I would have not considered him until I saw Dredd last year. He pretty much had the Christian Bale grumble but slightly more reserved. He may be a bit older than his Boy Scout counterpart, but does age really matter when your under the cowl?

Armie Hammer

I just want to start by saying Armie Hammer is the perfect choice for one huge reason. His wide shoulders and thin waist strongly resemble the comic book version of Batman, voiced by Kevin Conroy. He is very charismatic and a great actor in everything I have seen him in. There is no doubt in my mind  that he is the best choice to play Batman, other than Christian Bale of course, because lets be honest he was great. 

Wonder Woman

Gemma Arterton

Gemma scares the shit out of me every time I look at her. As one of the toughest actresses in Hollywood, Gemma has the ferocity and beauty of the Amazonian warrior. Not to mention she wouldn't be the most expensive choice, which always helps when trying to sign an A-Lister for the other roles. Despite the fact that a live action Wonder Women has struggled to make the silver screen, a Justice League film is the only way to attack the situation. Keep the outfit reserved and more Amazonian (sorry fans of her cleavage) and let Gemma kick-ass like she does oh so well. Her acting ability may not be fantastic but as long as she is punching people in the face, fans will cheer.

Lynn Collins

Lynn Collins is an extremely intimidating woman. If you saw John Carter you know why I'm saying this. She has some bad ass biceps along with kick ass six pack abs. She would be a great Wonder Woman because she is the whole package. She can fight, she can act and lets me honest, guys, she's pretty nice to look at. I think she would be a great addition to the Justice League team.

Green Lantern

Idris Elba

I may just be a swooning fan boy towards Idris Elba, but its a swoon that is well deserved. I mean look at that picture! If anyone can play John Stewart this is the man I want. I know we had Ryan Reynolds and that god awful Hal Jordan version, but the next step isn't rebooting its retrying. Retry Green Lantern not with another Hal Jordan but the tough, military John Stewart. Though his roles have been side characters, and his fame may reside with his performances on the hit TV series Luther and the Wire. Idris Elba is a star on the verge of greatness, as long as someone gives him that opportunity. We don't need the comic moments of Hal Jordan, we have The Flash for that.

Bradley Cooper

I kind of completely agree with Trey on this one but for the sake of argument I have chosen Bradley Cooper. I think he would bring fresh life to poor Hal Jordan who was, let's just say it, ruined by Ryan Reynolds. Don't get me wrong I think Reynolds is great, just not as the Green Lantern. Bradley Cooper is a fantastic actor and very comical. I have to be honest too and say Bradley Cooper being in the Justice League movie would probably bring a few more girls to the theater and not just the girls dragged there by their boyfriends, those of you comic guys that actually have girlfriends, that is. (Just kidding guys I'm not that heartless).

The Flash

Patrick Wilson

This may be shot from left field but I LOVE Patrick Wilson as Barry Allen aka The Flash. For the people who have seen his work, either in A Gifted Man or one of his many movies. The man is a versatile machine, who plays both drama and comedy with ease. On A Gifted Man he plays a wise-cracking charismatic doctor, replace doctor with hero and you have yourself The Flash. The man is great and even has superhero experience via Zack Snyder's Watchmen. Let's not forget Snyder may have his opportunity to direct Justice League, this is a match made in heaven.

Chris Pine

Let's just take a minute to think about how amazing Chris Pine is in Star Trek. He is charming, he has good looks, and he's funny. All in all this means he is perfect to play the Flash. His role in Star Trek shows that he can do action scenes while remaining pretty hilarious. Just slap the Flash's costume on Chris Pine and you've got the perfect character to play the Flash.





No comments:

Post a Comment