Wednesday, May 8, 2013

First Trailer For Ender's Game

 
I am going to keep this post real and not pretend like I have any idea about this film. I know it is an adaptation of a book by Orson Scott, a very popular book from what I know. I also know this film has been stuck in development hell for the entire decade and the director Gavin Hood (X-men Origins) has been working on it for 4 years now. Even with Hood's less than stellar track record 4 years of work could really help the film in the long run. Not to mention it boast one of the most impressive veteran and young cast that I have ever seen. Watching this trailer I chuckled that poor Asa Butterfield (Hugo) who plays the title character Ender is the only one shown that isn't an academy award nominee. Listen to this cast, Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones), Sir Ben Kinglsey (Gandhi), Viola Davis (The Help), Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine) and Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit). That is a rather impressive group and should enhance the film.

From what I have read the story is set about 70 years after a horrific alien war. Where a extremely gifted young child named Ender Wiggin, who is sent to an advanced military school in space to prepare for future invasion. Why children? because they think different than the adults who were bested by the past alien attacks. Essentially trying something new is the way to go I guess. My interest has increased after this trailer, I am always up for some sci-fi especially something that is unlike what I have seen. Here is the trailer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment