Monday, May 27, 2013

Trey's Blu Ray Collection: American Beauty

This is a new segment I am starting where I will work my way through my Blu Ray collection, in turn doing a small review and ranking them. There is 70 films, each article I will tackle a number of them, but I will be watching each (again) before I do so. In this first Part I will be doing the first films in my collection, as I descend in alphabetical order. Let's get started.



American Beauty

This is an interesting film and one that I have enjoyed on each viewing, which I would say has been about three times now. If you don't know this film is a family drama, that is more a satire of a middle classes family and the definition of Beauty. It is my favorite Sam Mendez film and one of the most unique films, which such basic idea around it. The films lead is Kevin Spacey who we all know as a fantastic actor, Other than that the rest of the actors are pretty unknown to me, besides the small yet pivotal role of Chris Cooper. This movie is difficult to explain without giving away to much, because there story is half the reveal. Let's just keep it at a middle aged man who is fed up with his terrible marriage and his awful life. He then does a series of things that wouldn't be considered acceptable for a middle aged married man to do and that is where the film kicks off. Throughout the film it's all about how each character develops into the person they really are, or wanted to be. It really is a beautiful film in every sense of the word, even with a few things that may make you a little uncomfortable. If you haven't seen this film and you are a fan of dark comedies/dramas that really bring an emotional and shocking punch than this is the film for you.

Verdict: 5/5

Current Rankings

1. American Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment