Thursday, May 23, 2013

World War Z and This Is The End First Reactions

Today I got some tweets regarding two films that are below the radar. World War Z of course is the Brad Pitt Zombie filmed based on a book by the same name. With some serious reshoots that needed done and an the extremely large 250 million dollar budget, World War Z to me has always felt to be a flop waiting to happen. The trailers have been very underwhelming and I felt even Brad Pitt wouldn't be able to pull this one out. However after the first screen the consensus seems to be quite positive.
“World War Z: a big, solid zombie movie. Makes up for in scope what it lacks in blood. It jettisons most of the book. It’s really its own thing. Some third act issues but otherwise [it's solid].” – @ScottIGN

“So after all that fuss, ‘World War Z’ turned out to be a surprisingly effective zombie thriller. The CGI zombies aren’t great but there is plenty of practical stuff they’re not showing yet. There is no way in hell this thing should have cost even close to $250 million.” – @mjsamps

“World War Z will probably be the most intense movie you will see this summer…I was shocked it was that good. So much for those re-shoots… [It was good because] it was a different take on Zombie films.” – @Latinoreview
 
 
As for This Is The End the comedy based around actors playing versions of themselves, it also had a good reception. The movie to me always seemed funny and if anything I would see it for the glimpse of my favorites like Jason Segel and Michael Cera, and lets not to forget the appearance of Emma Watson. I am not a fan of Seth Rogan nor James Franco but I like Jonah Hill and Craig Robinson, it all evens out in the end. With the ridiculous apocalypse setting and a series of shocking and hilarious events in the trailer I had pretty high hopes. If these first reactions are apparent then I shouldn't be disappointed.

“Guys, @Sethrogen‘s This is the End is the funniest movie of the year (so far). Also: Maybe the most insane third act in movie history” – @slashfilm

 ”I am floored by how good THIS IS THE END is. In the words of James Franco: ‘So good’. There is some unbelievable monster design in THIS IS THE END. Straight up metal album cover stuff. It’s super self-referential, but if you like the actors it works. If you don’t like the actors it’s probably torture.” – @devincf

“THIS IS THE END was extremely funny and absolutely worth seeing. Has one of the funniest scenes I’ve seen in a long time. [Will] need to see THIS IS THE END at least one more time. Audience tonight was laughing so loud I couldn’t hear some of the dialogue.” – @colliderfrosty


There you go folks, it looks like we may have some more solid summer films to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment